For applications where steel is preferred or downtime is critical, choose Rice Lake’s SURVIVOR® OTR Steel Deck. Operational within a day, the easy-to-install SURVIVOR® OTR Steel Deck sets the standard for truck scale design and performance, keeping downtime to a minimum. Tightly spaced wide-flange I-beams form the industry’s strongest weighbridge design, weighing as many as 250 trucks per day for 25 years without a trace of weighbridge fatigue.
The weighbridge on the OTR steel deck model consists of a diamond checkered steel top plate welded on top of twelve 12 in, wide-flange, 14 pound structural I-beams. The beams are positioned longitudinally with the traffic flow, a design based on interstate bridge designs intended to last 100 years. With our longitudinal design, each tire is fully supported by the top plate and a wide flange beam below, eliminating the longitudinal ruts associated with competitive designs that utilize structural shapes instead of heavy bridge iron. In addition, a steel deck weighs less, which makes it easier to move or relocate if necessary.
- Top access to load cells and junction box
- 75,000 lb capacity load cells and G-Force™ mount assemblies
- Junction box(es) appropriate for number of load cells utilized
- NTEP-certified, CC #02-003A2
- 100,000 lb Concentrated Load Capacity (CLC)
- 100,000 lb Dual Tandem Axle (DTA)
- Up to 270,000 lb full scale capacity
- Span deflection ratio (1:1100) for legal highway loads
- Three standard widths: 10′, 11′, and 12′ (available up to 14′, NTEP-certified)